my chickens contraption!!(and my new house)

mom wewantchicks!

Songster
11 Years
Apr 23, 2008
buckhannon,wv
if any of you remember we where moving and i needed something quick and easy for my chickens. so i got this building from my sister, some old 2x4 from my hubby work, a few fridge shelves and found some things around for nest boxes. this is what we came up with! my dd who is 9 was very helpfull with putting it together. its not the prettiest the the girls are healthy,happy and safe!!
newhousebeforepics028.jpg

newhousebeforepics029.jpg

newhousebeforepics030.jpg

and here is our new house! after thinking that we would never be able to buy a house we are so excited!! with a little over and acre i think we have plenty of room to "start out"
newhousebeforepics020.jpg

and part of the big yard
newhousebeforepics024.jpg

Last edited:
The contraption looks nice and safe. What a lovely house and a wonderful big yard. Is that a chicken in the yard?
Your daughter is very lucky to grow up in such a nice home.

well thank you everyone! i was afraid this wouldnt work,but after seeing how some of the neighbors keep thier chickens i think mine are pretty lucky!!and yes that is a chicken in the yard lol!!

well if you just bought one of these at lowes i think they are about 400-500 hundred bucks!! but i just stole it from my sister lol!! but it is alot bigger than that egglu thing!! the only thing we bought were some screws. in the middle between the nest boxes is my attempt at the bucket waterer. it worked but they kept getting the water in the pan dirty and the bucket was stll full so i just got rid of the bucket!! also i think with 6 hens in there it will stay nice and cozy for the winter.

Back
Top Bottom