1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

my chickens contraption!!(and my new house)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by mom wewantchicks!, Oct 8, 2008.

1. mom wewantchicks!

mom wewantchicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    if any of you remember we where moving and i needed something quick and easy for my chickens. so i got this building from my sister, some old 2x4 from my hubby work, a few fridge shelves and found some things around for nest boxes. this is what we came up with! my dd who is 9 was very helpfull with putting it together. its not the prettiest the the girls are healthy,happy and safe!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and here is our new house! after thinking that we would never be able to buy a house we are so excited!! with a little over and acre i think we have plenty of room to "start out"
    [​IMG]
    and part of the big yard
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008
  2. djackjr

djackjr Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2008
    Graham Wa.
    Nice house and nice big yard!!! I see chickens everywhere!!! [​IMG]

3. Buff Hooligans

Buff Hooligans Scrambled

Jun 11, 2007
    What happy places for both you and your little chicken family!

4. orcasislandchickens

orcasislandchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2008
    The contraption looks nice and safe. What a lovely house and a wonderful big yard. Is that a chicken in the yard?
    Your daughter is very lucky to grow up in such a nice home.

5. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    well thank you everyone! i was afraid this wouldnt work,but after seeing how some of the neighbors keep thier chickens i think mine are pretty lucky!!and yes that is a chicken in the yard lol!!

6. TT

TT Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2008
    Florida
    [​IMG] Congratulations - time to fill up that acre

7. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    What an ingenious idea! That is so cute! i think you could market those and charge big bucks - it looks better than those eglus (that cost $500). And very pretty yard, too.

8. mom wewantchicks!

Apr 23, 2008
    buckhannon,wv
    well if you just bought one of these at lowes i think they are about 400-500 hundred bucks!! but i just stole it from my sister lol!! but it is alot bigger than that egglu thing!! the only thing we bought were some screws. in the middle between the nest boxes is my attempt at the bucket waterer. it worked but they kept getting the water in the pan dirty and the bucket was stll full so i just got rid of the bucket!! also i think with 6 hens in there it will stay nice and cozy for the winter.

9. ChanceRider

ChanceRider Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2008
    Somerset, CA
    Nicely done! Congrats on the new houses - yours and your chickens! Looks like a nice house and land... love the trees.

10. redoak

redoak Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Russia, NY
    Good idea for a quick chicken coop. Looks like a great new home and yard.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by