My chickens DO NOT like snow.

my hens were the same way, "what the heck is this white stuff ive never seen" so i kinda shewed them out. then they acclimated. lol most flew as far as they could but then made paths to their familiar areas

It snowed on mine while they were ranging so getting back to the coop was the issue. I ended up having to carry the roo and two of this springs girls in myself, they were terrified. :)
my hens were the same way, "what the heck is this white stuff ive never seen" so i kinda shewed them out. then they acclimated. lol most flew as far as they could but then made paths to their familiar areas

Mine are always unsure of the snow - Last year, they were free ranging (under our deck) and it snowed. They were all huddled there in the evening - I had to show them the way through the snow back to the coop :lau One brave lady started after me and the rest soon followed. If their yard gets snow in it, I usually just wind up pushing it around so that they can see the pine shavings under it and then they will venture out of the coop.:D

Back
Top Bottom