My chickens don't want to leave the coop...

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by rosyposyosy, Nov 28, 2007.

1. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    BECAUSE ITS SNOWING!!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2007
  2. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    MINE TOO !!!

3. JackieK318

JackieK318 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2007
    Missouri
    I wonder how my bird brains will do in the snow. They're scared of the rain! Good luck with the 'snow birds'.

4. rooster-red

rooster-red Here comes the Rooster

Jun 10, 2007
    Douglasville GA
    My crazy birds play in the rain, we don't get enough snow to worry about.

5. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    Snowing in Forest Grove?

me next !!me next!!

6. rosyposyosy

rosyposyosy Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2007
    [​IMG] It stopped snowing, and my stupid oak trees not only blocked snow from getting on my yard, water dripped off of my oaks, causing my snow to melt. I feel like such a little kid! I love the snow! I always have and I always will. I really wasn't expecting this. After dinner I went on a stroll through the neighborhood. It was just lovely! All my neighbors had about an inch of snow, since not many of them have big trees blocking/melting. [​IMG] TRAFFIC TOMMOROW IS GOING TO BE TERRIBLE!

7. unionwirewoman

unionwirewoman Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 14, 2007
    Kalispell , MT
    Get ready for the "first snow traffic " . If it's anything like it is here (Montana ) all the idiots will be doing 35 mph even when there's no snow on the highway . I knew it was coming though , they were only doing 55mph in a 70 in the summer . God help the transplants !!![​IMG]

8. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    People in Oregon can't drive in the rain. The snow, the ice or the bright sunshine. [​IMG]

9. Scrambled Egg

Scrambled Egg Flock Mistress

Aug 29, 2007
    Fayetteville, NC
    Even chickens know, "there's no place like home"!!

10. gigglssmls

gigglssmls Out Of The Brooder

Oct 28, 2012
    And when there is NO snow and no rain? I have one hen who will go outside no matter what the whether and my rooster and both geese could care less... they also are outside living it up; but my other hens curl up in the corner of the second story in the coop and hide. I have put them outside but [​IMG]it lasts maybe 10 minutes and off to the coop they run...... Don't they NEED to be outside being CHICKENS!? i am constantly learning but feel so frustrated right now :( I have come to love my birds.... one of the hens even jumps into my arms almost daily or runs to me and stares up until I pick her up.... I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing for them ya know?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by