1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chickens got mauled by my dogs! :( :( :(

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken_Noodle_Poop, Jul 16, 2011.

1. Chicken_Noodle_Poop

Chicken_Noodle_Poop Out Of The Brooder

Jul 16, 2011
    One got ate up and the other one got bit. He's fine cause he eats and drinks and moves around just i'm worried about diseases from the bite? Should I go to the vet...?

2. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    I am so sorry [​IMG] could you get some antibiotics at your feed store? Try to keep the wounds clean and if you can put him by himself so no one else peck at him. I am sorry I couldn't be more help.

3. Chicken_Noodle_Poop

Jul 16, 2011
    The antibiotics idea helped me alot actually! I don't think the country stores have antibiotics for chickens, so i'll have to probally visit the vet! but thank you :)

4. Snowygirl

Snowygirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 15, 2011
    Mirkwood
    i'm so sorry [​IMG]! could you post more about the injuries? or a picture?

5. BookWorm243

BookWorm243 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 13, 2010
    Franklin, NC
    You can get the powdered kind that goes in the water. I got ours from a local feed and seed store, so maybe yours will to [​IMG] Hope you can find some and your boy gets to feeling better [​IMG]

6. Chicken_Noodle_Poop

Jul 16, 2011
    Well i'm petting him on my lap right now, but yes I will. It looks more healed from last night when it was gushing blood. I just got done cleaning Godzilla (that's his name) and it still hurts him poor baby [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  7. Chicken_Noodle_Poop

Jul 16, 2011
    I'll check up at the feed store again and see what they got at the stores, thank you guys :) he's friend Nelly got ate so I got two chicks today and he is much happier since they give him attention

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by