My chickens has stop laying

fayediddles

In the Brooder
Jun 11, 2015
I have 3 chicken that just started laying last week, well today has been cool and rainy and no eggs! Is it because most all of my chickens stayed in the coop today? or because its cool or raining? I'm at a loss??? HELP

Last edited:
It's not quite that exact a science :). You aren't going to get 3 eggs a day everyday. Sometimes you will get two, sometimes one and sometimes you might get none for a day or a week or even longe (heading into winter their bodies need to rest ready for the next season of egg production and when moulting). This autumn/winter I went about ten weeks without a single egg from seven chickens, so I don't sweat the odd day here and there :)

Last edited:
What are you feeding? Are they broody? They probably just are off their cycle. They lay an hour later each day until it gets to dark then they stop for a day. They should resume soon. They are slow at first and they will speed up. They slow down after a year and once they molt they slow down. Once they turn about two and a half or they aren't laying every other day, sell them for slaughter.

Thank you will do with slaughtering, and they were laying in the morning, now its afternoon

Buy started pullets at 6 months old. Well worth the extra money. They can start them better in big hatcheries. Not near the death loss and they are healthy to start with. I sell all I produce so we get ours still. They are running about $3 a dozen anyway you go about it.

Back
Top Bottom