1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chickens have a new game

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by gritsar, Jan 6, 2009.

1. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    It's winter, there's not much to forage for and my chickens are bored. To make things worse, the crows are everywhere and trying to find the same foods that the chickens are.
    I looked out the LR window a little bit ago and saw 6 of my hens that appeared to be hiding behind a trailer, all standing straight as soldiers.
    I wondered what they were up to, then I saw a group of crows land. All at once the hens took off and chased the crows until they flew away. They repeated the scenario four times.
    I guess when you're bored sometimes you have to make your own fun. [​IMG]

2. allaboutdemchicks

allaboutdemchicks Chapel Farms

Sep 13, 2008
    Jemison, AL
    Chickens are soooo funny!!!!

3. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG]

4. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    Sounds like you have two gangs fighting for territory in your backyard. My bet is on the chicks!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. jbowyer01

jbowyer01 Just Me!

Aug 29, 2008
    Hogansville, Georgia
    Mine will yell at the squirrels in the yard, boy can they get loud. I have to run out and chase of the poor squirrel that is only trying to bury a pecan in the yard. The crows only scare them. Go figure.

edited because I just cant spell today

Last edited: Jan 6, 2009
  6. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    How cute, Nugget and LaRoo chase the doves and Sparkle and Blue Roo chase the pigeons. The hens couldn't care less as long as they don't get near their nests or food.

7. sarahloveschickens

sarahloveschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 26, 2008
    Poconos, PA
    [​IMG]

8. skirbo

skirbo Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 18, 2008
    Walton County, NW FL
    Quote:Well, that's just great. Now I have the Crows and the Chickens enacting West Side Story in my head and it won't go away. Thanks for that. :p

Sarah

9. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Well, that's just great. Now I have the Crows and the Chickens enacting West Side Story in my head and it won't go away. Thanks for that. :p

Sarah

[​IMG]

So that's why the girls were asking for bandanas! [​IMG]

10. Dandelion007

Dandelion007 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    Durant, OK
    [​IMG]

Now I can't quit laughing. The bad chicks with bandannas standing tall then running the crows away. I could just see them giving each other high fives!

[​IMG]

We are getting way too much pleasure from chickens. A normal person just couldn't understand.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by