My chickens hold it till they're let out in the morning

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by mrbstephens, Sep 9, 2009.

1. mrbstephens

mrbstephens Chillin' With My Peeps

The rooster especially. When they all come out of the hen house in the morning, the first thing they all do is make a ginormous poo. sickbyc I seriously think they're holding it in till they are let out. Don't get me wrong, there is some poo under the roost, but all little ones. Anyone else see this?

2. CheerfulHeart2

CheerfulHeart2 Creative Problem Solver

Apr 8, 2009
    Phoenix, AZ
    how very interesting.

3. Country Heart

Country Heart City Girl With A

Not here - a big pile under the roost is what I find. Just how I like it - easy to clean in one fell swoop.

4. mrbstephens

I thought it was a little odd! [​IMG] Somehow they've decided to potty train themselves.....well sort of. [​IMG]

5. mrbstephens

Anyone else have chickens who hold it?

6. buddy#2

buddy#2 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 25, 2009
    Perry County, PA
    Mine poo all the time. Some when they are let out, some whenever. I find some huge piles in the coup and some out. Birds of the air just go whenever because they can't hold it. Don't know if chickens the same or if they can actually hold it.

7. mrbstephens

buddy#2 :

Mine poo all the time. Some when they are let out, some whenever. I find some huge piles in the coup and some out. Birds of the air just go whenever because they can't hold it. Don't know if chickens the same or if they can actually hold it.

These poos are like the size of cat poos! [​IMG]

8. Luna_Chick66

Luna_Chick66 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 4, 2009
    NE Pennsylvania
    Quote:I'd like to know how you did that?

What kind of chickens are they?

They must be magic chickens.

9. Opa

Opa Opa-wan Chickenobi

May 11, 2008
    Howell Michigan
    If you have figured out a way to train chickens to only go outside, and can show others how to do it , you could probably become a millionaire.

10. mrbstephens

They do poo in the hen house, but not a lot. Pretty much whatever they are pooing while they are sleeping on the roost. I don't know.......[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by