Separate names with a comma.
Check out our Random Pics Page here, or learn more about it here.
Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by jadude, Sep 1, 2008.
a frog was in the run and the chickens started to peck and fight over it
Depends on the type of frog for it to be actually poisonous to them, because my mom's friend's cat ate one and got a mouth infection and died. The cheeks on the side of their face if you carefully squeeze them a white liquid will come out, this is their defense. It makes the predators mouth sticky and taste bad.
When I was a kid we had lots of those little frogs that live around water troughs and our chickens ate them left and right. Frogs attract snakes so we were happy that the chickens took care of the snake food. I don't know what kind of frogs they were. Just little frogs about the size of your thumb tip.
well if it was a frog i don't think it would hurt the chickens I misread, toads can be the ones harmful.
Mine love frogs. A game of keep away usually ensues that is hilarious.[/img]
If you could talk to your chickens I bet they would say that the frogs taste like chicken.
Man! You beat me on that one!!!
Mine love the lizards that are all over the yard. They chase each other around trying to grab the poor things and then down they go!