My chickens love chicken!

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by Pet Duck Boy, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Pet Duck Boy

Pet Duck Boy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 12, 2009
    Orlando, FL
    Threw out a backed chicken from publix that was bought last night. Someone forgot to put it back and ants swarmed it, so I didn't want it to go to waste when it's a perfect protein supplement for the girls. But boy, they went after that carcass like it was still alive. Litterally swiping the thing open with their feet, thrashing, tearing bits off, even swallowing bones WHOLE! It made me think that they really are the modern velociraptors! If they averaged out at 100 pounds we'd be running for our lives!

2. pharmchickrnmom

pharmchickrnmom Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2010
    Yeah--my girls enjoyed a nice chicken carcass today. When they were done, you couldnt even make soup out of it! They are truly little raptors!!

3. donrae

donrae Hopelessly Addicted Premium Member

Jun 18, 2010
    Southern Oregon
    My birds love chicken. My kids just don't like when they ask what's for breakfast the next day and I answer "cannibal eggs"![​IMG]

4. WV_Chicken

WV_Chicken Out Of The Brooder

Sep 18, 2010
    Augusta, WV
    Yeah, I'd say that's pretty gross. I refuse to allow my chickens to eat other chickens.

5. Wolfwoman

Wolfwoman Chillin' With My Peeps

May 5, 2010
    Chickaloon, Alaska
    Quote:Most animals will eat their own kind. Sometimes it's for survival of the rest, sometimes it's hunger and sometimes it's just food. [​IMG] Thank goodness animals don't have silly human stigmas.

6. backdoorchicken

backdoorchicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 14, 2009
    newport news va
    Quote:i am with you.

7. JOSEYWALES

JOSEYWALES Out Of The Brooder

May 20, 2010
    Whatever you do NEVER NEVER fall down and black out in a chicken run. You might wake up missing an arm or leg or worse![​IMG]

8. 7L Farm

7L Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2010
    Anderson, Texas
    Chop it up they will eat it .

9. FrizzlesRule

FrizzlesRule Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2009
    My chickens love chicken and also turkey and just about anything else.[​IMG]

10. SassyKat6181

SassyKat6181 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 30, 2010
    Western Mass
    Quote:[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by