My Chickens....My Therapy...My Little Dinosuars

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by lularat, Aug 14, 2013.

1. lularat

lularat Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    NC
    For as long as I can remember, I have always wanted chickens, so this Spring I got 6 girl sex links. They will be 18 wks. on Sat. I love these girls and they have been the best therapy. When I have had a bad day or just feeling down, I'll go sit with them and before long, they are the only thing that occupies my mind.

They all have their individual personalities Milly, with her endless clucking and always the first one in my lap. Flo is bossy and thinks she runs the show. Then there is sweet Wilma, as beautiful as she is sweet. Betsy is the shy, but coming around. Penny, my little independent girl, struts around like a beauty queen. And last is my Precious. She was the smallest, but has developed into quite a lady. She started laying last week and is quite proud of herself.

My Mom passed away in June a year ago and always wanted chickens. She never had any and I wished she could have seen these girls. She would have loved them as much as I do. I named Wilma after her....and I know she would have liked that.

I always knew I would love having chickens, but never imagined how much. I guess only chicken folks truly understand the connection you can have with these little dinosuars. That's what my husband calls them :) I'll try to get some new pictures of them this week and post.

2. TOP KNOT

TOP KNOT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2013
    SHERIDAN IL
    [​IMG] Agreed! Therapy they are!!

3. DLV58

DLV58 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2013
    Nebraska
    Hi, I agree, I enjoy my girls and they always make me laugh !!!

4. ChirpyChicks1

ChirpyChicks1 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 22, 2013
    Couldn't have said it better myself!! My family and friends have taken to calling me the crazy chicken lady but I don't care, they are the ones missing out [​IMG]

5. loverofbirds14

loverofbirds14 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 3, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I do the same thing when I am having a bad day! They really are good for relaxing. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by