My chickens need an attitude adjustment!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by jarcoo0153, Jul 1, 2010.

1. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    About three days ago, I moved my rooster from town to my coops on the farm. Today I was planning on taking one of my city girls out there to keep him company. When we got there, I sat the hen down and the two were still seperated by wire; They started raising their neck feathers and started fighting eachother. I tried to break them up but they both had eachothers wattle in thier mouths, and they bled a little. I thought they might of killed one another, so I just left him out there by himself, and brought her back into town.
    Why are they doing this when they have been together in the city for a long time?
    What do I need to do to make them Get along?
    Any Ideas would be appreciated!
    Thanks,
    Jared

If this helps, He is a standard RIR, and she is a small phoenix.

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Hmmm maybe the Head Girl in Town was the only one allowed to nag him so your little girl decided to take advantage while she could?

3. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    She is the oldest and has always been bossy! She is like a Chihuahua that thinks she is a pit bull! The rooster was henpecked in town by the two girls. Now I am thinking I might take my naked neck out there, and see what she does.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by