My chicken's parent?

The hen you are talking about is the one that looks like a black sex link? Guess they could be related, he is basically just black with some red leakage... But I would kind of doubt if the above roo is her father, he looks pretty young to me, (not a whole lot of rooster feathering in yet, not much comb and wattle development like older roos usually get etc) so I doubt he is old enough, There are some neat birds running around there, really like that little crested one you have.

The hen you are talking about is the one that looks like a black sex link? Guess they could be related, he is basically just black with some red leakage... But I would kind of doubt if the above roo is her father, he looks pretty young to me, (not a whole lot of rooster feathering in yet, not much comb and wattle development like older roos usually get etc) so I doubt he is old enough, There are some neat birds running around there, really like that little crested one you have.

Oddly enough, I saw a large hen that looked extremely similar to my own (which I did not photograph) at the same place the next day, meaning that I may have found her mother.

Don't you wish you could find out for sure, time to do some parentage DNA testing on the chickens :) There were also barred females running around that looked like barred rocks etc?, they could be the mothers of the bsl looking hens also, nice thread on sex links that gives you an idea of the breeds/colors that would be possible for the fathers (they talk about blacks after reds) https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/261208/sex-linked-information

Back
Top Bottom