My chickens sit at the door of the coop..

Ljorgie77

Chirping
Jul 6, 2019
So for the last couple of nights when they are going to bed my 4 pullets sit at the door of the coop with there heads out of the coop door. It has been warm the last couple of days . The coop feels the same temperature as outside. They do have there mouths open like they are panting . Any ideas will be greatly appreciated I’m a new chicken mom
B9D62C7E-9362-4C21-9964-6A72D4B0AD42.jpeg

Hi hi, welcome to the wonderful world of BYC and chicken owning!
Where are you located? What is the temp and general weather like where you are? It may well be that it is too warm in the coop and they need ventilation, heads are out looking for a breeze. I sure would be in our North Carolina heat! Something easy like a vent or fan may help?
Can you post a pic of your coop (great shot of your girls, they are beautiful!) as well?

Hi hi, welcome to the wonderful world of BYC and chicken owning!
Where are you located? What is the temp and general weather like where you are? It may well be that it is too warm in the coop and they need ventilation, heads are out looking for a breeze. I sure would be in our North Carolina heat! Something easy like a vent or fan may help?
Can you post a pic of your coop (great shot of your girls, they are beautiful!) as well?
We live in New Jersey it was very hot during the day. It cooled off a little bit in side the coop was the same as outside.

Attachments

• 563B0AB7-6F95-4F84-8CAA-6E5BDCD571CF.jpeg
    563B0AB7-6F95-4F84-8CAA-6E5BDCD571CF.jpeg
    716.8 KB · Views: 18
Sounds like too small a coop, lack of ventilation and lack of roosting bars, possibly, but that's from just looking at the pic. :confused:
The coop is big enough maybe we need more ventilation. We have plenty of roosting bars. They only have been in the coop for 3 weeks . They are only 8 weeks old .

Back
Top Bottom