my chickens smell dinner and come running to the back door LOL

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by karlamaria, Jul 8, 2011.

1. karlamaria

karlamaria Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    M y girls come running every time they smell the spaghetti cooking. looks like Im going to need to fence these girls off, one was pecking at the door when I opened it to see these girls at my back door lol, yeah, they got a big plate of spaghetti LOL
    [​IMG]

2. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    So funny! Wouldn't you just love to invite them in? [​IMG] My husband rolls his eyes when he discovers me cooking spaghetti noodles for the chickens.

3. hispoptart

hispoptart Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 14, 2011
    NW Colorado
    LOL thats just to funny!!!!

4. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    I introduced them to spaghetti this last week as I dropped my fork while sitting out there with my girls, they came running and grabbed the noodle off the fork. well I went and got them a plate and omg they went insane. ( they love my sauce LOL ) there was noodles and sauce flying every where. I could not get away fast enough and was kindle slapped on my chest by a flying noodle. it was such a big hit I did spaghetti last night again, thats when I discovered one girl pecking at the screen door. I laughed my head off when I saw them all at the door. I fixed them a plate and then ran them over to there own yard to eat it. Im getting som new fencing this weekend LOL, Im not about to have my peeps sitting on my porch pooping and screaming for food every time I cook LOL

5. karlamaria

Jan 30, 2011
    Western montana
    notice we all have crocks shoes to tend the chickens LOL, we wear them out side and never indoors. Every day the kids go out with bag in hand and scooper and pick up the ladies droppings. my kids laugh when I tell them its doodie duty, hee hee hee

6. GardenGal

GardenGal Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 11, 2011
    Western WA
    That's great [​IMG]

7. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    HAHA thats too funny....mine do the same thing when I start the grill. Nothing like tip-toeing over the chicken bombs on the way to the table with dinner.

8. BeetleChick

BeetleChick Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2011
    East of Raleigh, NC
    Ours LOVE spaghetti noodles, another favorite is chicken with cornbread dressing minus the chicken (the dog ate that).

Too cute having them peck on the door.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by