My chickens sneeze is now a honk?

Mrstruesdell

Hatching
Sep 12, 2021
Hi I have a chicken I’m not sure if it’s a rooster or a hen it’s about four months old. It has a sneeze that has turned into a honk. It poops normal looking green long poop with white on top but it also poops about the same amount of diarrhea? The chicken seems to be happy and healthy other than that it runs it eats it hops like a frog drinks fine fat little happy chicken. I don’t know what to think or do. Any advice? The man at the feed store gave me penicillin and I gave it to penicillin for four days like it said and it is still sneezing and I went back to ask the man about it but he has got the Covid and the boy working there doesn’t know anything about chickens.

Attachments

• 8FE06701-987D-4806-95CC-3BEB77D30615.jpeg
    8FE06701-987D-4806-95CC-3BEB77D30615.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 23
The chicken looks like it could be a meat bird or cornish cross. They are meant to be butchered at 6-8 weeks old. They can have problems with their legs after that time. The chicken could be sensitive to dust or feed, and that can sometimes cause sneezing. Penicillin is not very effective against respiratory diseases. Some respiratory diseases are viral, and antibiotics do not help. I would continue to watch him, and he may get over this in time.

I have 8 cornish x meat birds (just got 2 more) and that's a meat bird. May not be the same cross I have per say (mine are hoover hatchery ones). Though my meaties are the mellowest birds (I treat them like my layers with love and care). They can live a life but it's prone to be shorter than typical (just prone to heart attacks and other issues) it's doable they aren't good layers and don't do much but nice birds.

Hi I have a chicken I’m not sure if it’s a rooster or a hen it’s about four months old. It has a sneeze that has turned into a honk. It poops normal looking green long poop with white on top but it also poops about the same amount of diarrhea? The chicken seems to be happy and healthy other than that it runs it eats it hops like a frog drinks fine fat little happy chicken. I don’t know what to think or do. Any advice? The man at the feed store gave me penicillin and I gave it to penicillin for four days like it said and it is still sneezing and I went back to ask the man about it but he has got the Covid and the boy working there doesn’t know anything about chickens.
the fecal poop is what you are seeing that is like diarreah. this is normal to see every 5 to 10 poops will be one of these.

Back
Top Bottom