My chickens think I'm Mother Nature!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Jerseycoop, Jul 6, 2011.

1. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    A couple of hour ago we had a storm come through New Jersey with thunder and lightening. [​IMG] I waited for the weather to calm down and began my stroll down to the coop to check on the girls. Half way there I noticed a bit of rough housing in the run..you know run at each other. (they're 9 weeks old) I bent down at the coop and firmly said "girls now that's not nice!" [​IMG] they stopped and looked at me and Cutlet gave me the stink eye. Just then the sky filled with the loudest thunder I have ever heard in my entire life, just above our heads. They ran to the corner and I ran in to the house fearing lightening was to follow. I kid you not they stood frozen for 20 minutes in that corner! My husband and I had to go back down to the coop to reassure them and only then did they move. I haven't witnessed any dominant behavior since. Don't mess with mama! [​IMG]

2. Judy

Judy Chicken Obsessed Staff Member Premium Member

Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    [​IMG]

3. Pele

Pele Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2011
    Boise
    [​IMG]

omg lol! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. christy0701

christy0701 Out Of The Brooder

May 23, 2011
    Maynardville,TN
    omg that is to funny. maybe i need to do that with my rir [​IMG]

5. jeepchick

jeepchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2011
    Loudon, New Hampshire
    HAHAHA That's great! My mom always threatened me with "Don't make me call upon the powers of the universe!" You can totally use that [​IMG]

6. cajunchic

cajunchic Out Of The Brooder

Apr 13, 2011
    [​IMG] LOVE IT! [​IMG]

7. Jerseycoop

Jerseycoop Chillin' With My Peeps

May 13, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:How funny you bring up rir..3 of mine are! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by