My chickens think they're inside birds!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Foxyrockie, May 26, 2016.

1. Foxyrockie

Foxyrockie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    Dallas, Tx
    About a week ago a puppy that we tried to rescue, broke into our coop and killed 4 of my 6 birds. I was heartbroken, and left with one boy and one girl. I promptly brought them in the house and proceeded to love on them constantly. I put some bedding inside one of our oversized dog kennels, and let them sleep inside at night until I could repair the coop.

Well today, they've been out all day and the sun went down and I hear them outside the patio door making so much noise. I ignored it for awhile but finally, after they kept it up, I opened the back door and asked them what the heck was up. I'll be danged if they didn't march right in the house and into the kennel! I laughed so hard! I guess I have house chickens now. Does anyone else have birds that do something similar? [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    I had a hen that was attacked by a hawk, we are so surprised that we nursed to her back to heath (it was pretty bad). It took her awhile to realize that she is no longer aloud in the house [​IMG], she is my friendliest one and always comes by the back door for a "visit" while they are free-ranging.

3. acrabby1

acrabby1 Just Hatched

Mar 5, 2016
    Yes my Orps love to sit just inside the back door and watch TV... [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. Chicken Girl1

Chicken Girl1 Always Thankful Premium Member

Mar 3, 2015
    Virginia
    She looks awfully comfy! What TV do they watch?[​IMG]

5. Foxyrockie

Foxyrockie Out Of The Brooder

Jul 9, 2015
    Dallas, Tx
    Thanks for the replies! I've tried to respond a couple times but I guess this site doesnt work well on my phone. It kept not posting my messages.
    Love the stories and the pic! That is Super cute! my babies have continued to come to the door to be let in. I've stopped letting them in a night though bc I want them to acclimate to being outside full time. I've also put my younger babies out in the coop so I want them to start getting along. Every now and again though, I let them in to hang out. My 1yr old has started putting them in the back of his dump truck and rolling them around!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by