My chickens waddle is still swolen.

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by dg14, Sep 30, 2015.

1. dg14

dg14 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2014
    So, i dont know if this is ever going to go away or not. but i want to know how to fix my chickens waddle.. [​IMG][​IMG]

Also, another concern is that i havent gotten eggs a lot of them regularly in about a week and a half (this chicken isnt acting sick or anything, but i cannot fix this myself. i have someone who might be able to help. but until she is available i cant. im kinda worried about her.

As for them not laying eggs. is it molting season coming up? where i live in a vry hot climate, and its been pretty hot the last little while so i can see if that was why they arent laying, but other than that everyone is fine. im just really worried about this one.

2. BantamFan4Life

BantamFan4Life LOOK WHAT YOU MADE ME DO. Premium Member

Jun 15, 2012
    Washington
    My Coop
    Are you sure that the wattle is swollen? It looks like it might be genetically longer than the other.

3. dg14

Dec 1, 2014
    It's possible it's longer than the other. But it's been puffy sand swollen for over a month and hasn't gone down. She's acting fine as I said. It just looks a bit uncomfortable

4. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Maybe broad spectrum antibiotics then?

5. dg14

Dec 1, 2014
    Yeah. I can do that as well as worm them to. Since there due.

6. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    I guess after a few days of treatment you could lance the swollen area and see if there is any puss in there - you will certainly know if there is an infection of some kind then..

CT

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by