My chickens wear the pants in our relationship...

Shannon's Chix

Songster
10 Years
Apr 30, 2009
N.E. Florida
I used to let my chickos out around 6 or 6:30 to free range. I only let them out with me there. Recently I felt guilty about this so dh and I quadrupled the size of their run this week...took a lot of blood, sweat and yes, tears!
barnie.gif
But I figured it was worth it because they seemed to anxious to get out of their tiny run every day (it was 75 sq. feet for 7 but seemed so small).

Now in the 3 days the new run has been done, all 7 chickens pace at the door of the run earlier and earlier...today they started at 4:30, clucking and pacing and pacing and clucking and I know they won't stop till I let them out! They don't even hardly go into the new part of the run!
he.gif

I am sitting here watching them, feeling guilty for being in here when I should be out there...for the next 3 hours...

Here I come my precious darlings...mama's coming...

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

My chickens have been free ranging for over a year and a half. Now DH is talking about building them a run and confining them. I told him only if he wants to see us murdered in our sleep by a bunch of ticked off biddies.
hide.gif

Now that's an even
yuckyuck.gif
-ier post!! I wouldn't put it past my feather butts to do just that if they didn't get to free range all day long as they are accustomed to doing! They get down right hostile if I'm even a half hour late letting them out in the morning!
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom