My chickens were out in the rain

damicochickens

In the Brooder
Jun 24, 2019
We got some heavy rain unexpectedly and they were out. We brought them in to dry in the tub in the house. They have diarrhea now and I was just wondering if that was because of the water? Also do they look alarmingly soaked? Should I be worried or just let them dry off and they will be fine?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416 KB · Views: 16
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 12
Mine love the rain! They get the bugs and worms that float up. I've never lost a chicken from being drenched in the rain so yours should be fine. If it make you feel better you can blow dry them and put them back out in the chicken world.

Mine love the rain! They get the bugs and worms that float up. I've never lost a chicken from being drenched in the rain so yours should be fine. If it make you feel better you can blow dry them and put them back out in the chicken world.
Thank you! That definitely calms my nerves as they have never gotten this wet before I am usually really good at keeping them in.

If they're in the house, they should dry off just fine. Depending on the temperature where you live, they will probably be fine if you just put them back in their covered pen or coop outside. (Although outdoors probably has a higher humidity, so they'll dry more slowly out there.)

Back
Top Bottom