My chickens

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 29, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    I went out to visit everyone today sine the rain has finally stopped...yeah!! Took my camera and actually got pics of everyone:)

Here's the adults...with one happy Gravy and his hens:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's my OEG that I hatched. Will be 7 weeks old Sunday. It was mentioned in my last pics that it looked like they had spurs. It's not, just that extra toe they have near the back. Gravy doesn't have the nail part of the spurs anymore and his are higher up on his legs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is my black australorp we got last weekend for Mo. She is super friendly.
    [​IMG]

Save my favorite for last....Mo. He's a freaky crazy boy now but we still love him.
    [​IMG]

2. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    [​IMG] Mo cracks me up. And that's some mighty fine gravy you got there.

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    Hey thanks:) Mo cracks us up too. Mr. Gravy knows he's fine. Most of my pics of him alone, he's always posing for the camera..standing tall with his chest out. He's been trying to show off for the mille fleurs and that ain't interested. It's funny to watch:lol:

Last edited: May 29, 2008
  4. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    That first picture looks like a king and his courtiers, as he is entering his throne room. He's a really handsome rooster. Your hens are all so pretty.

5. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    Love your birds, your name and your tats! [​IMG]

We have a pair of meat rabbits that I named Bisquit and Gravy! [​IMG]

Dawn

6. Bisqit&Gravy

Mar 14, 2008
    I like the king comment....he does look like a king in the middle:)

You got New Zealand whites? I had house bunnies before that had a the run of a whole room b/c they we're litter boxed trained and spayed/neutered. After I got my New Zealand someone told me she was a meat rabbit.

7. Dawn419

Dawn419 Lost in the Woods

Apr 16, 2007
    Evening Shade, AR
    We have a "New Zealand" and a "Californain". They were rescues given to us and we suspect there's something else in the "woodpile" but the offspring is good eating.

Ooooh, fish tanks, too! [​IMG] Skip/doc_gonzo and I have a small aquarium maintenance biz and have a run down, small salt water tank and African Cichlid tank at home. Our only paying tank, right now is a 280 gallon, fish-only system.

Pix of both can be seen here...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=51987

Dawn

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by