My chickes! Several breeds! :)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Stina, May 24, 2010.

1. Stina

Stina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    These are my chicklets!

These guys are from Nature's Hatchery and arrived here on Wednesday [​IMG] The photos were taken Saturday. They are 4 "blue" mille fluer D'Uccles (I think 2 are blue and 2 are splash) and 3 porcelain dutch bantams [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Talk about STINK EYES!
    [​IMG]

blue based?
    [​IMG]

splash based?
    [​IMG]

one of the porcelain dutch [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These guys are my 3 silver laced bantam polish...they are about umm... 2 1/2 months?...3 maybe?...lol I LOVE them! Photos were taken last night! Can anyone tell me gender? (and then tell me how you know...lol) Oh and they managed to get their crests wet....so that's why their crests look a little wierd...
    chicklet 1...this one is my favorite...and did not want to cooperate for the photo session!
    [​IMG]

chicklet 2
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

chicklet 3
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These are the chicklets I got at the Chickenstock yesterday in New Tripoli, PA!!! [​IMG] I had so much fun! Took the photos last night!
    bantam buff laced frizzled polish pullet from Gretchen (baregretchen)!!! OMG I LOVE her SO MUCH!!!! She is the cutest thing EEEEVVEEERRR!!! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Serama pullet from Steph (19hhbelgian)! She's so little and cute! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

frizzled serama x cochin cockeral from Steph! SO adorable! I love him to death!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SUPER adorable teeny little serama cockeral (Philadelphia phlock)!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dark blue frizzled ameraucana x marans pullet from Steph!
    [​IMG]

Adorable little easter egger pullet from Bann (wishiwasjane)...I wanted a clean faced one [​IMG] well...really I didn't want any...but how could I say no?!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2010
  2. americana-chick

americana-chick Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2008
    Cute chicks [​IMG]
    I am no exert on Polish but to me it looks like you have 2 boys and 1 girl.... The first one being a girl and the other2 boys (like i said im no expert and it may be a little to early to tell... )

3. Stina

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    here's a better shot of chicklet 1's head!
    [​IMG]

4. FlockMama

FlockMama ChickyBawkyChickChick

Mar 11, 2009
    Washington State
    the teeny serema pullet is soooo cute!

5. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

That bantam buff reminds me of my Memaw's cockatiel when he got cranky. [​IMG]

Boy I miss that bird.

6. Stina

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    Ooops!...accidentally put the same pic of the frizzle polish twice instead of getting the one of the serama pullet in there!...fixed now [​IMG]

7. footballcoachmiller

footballcoachmiller Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2009
    Dandridge, TN
    First one might be a girl the rest are roos. Pullets should have round head feathers ( head should have the shape of a baseball) Roos will have V shaped head feathers.

8. footballcoachmiller

footballcoachmiller Out Of The Brooder

Sep 24, 2009
    Dandridge, TN
    This one is a Roo

[​IMG]

This one is a pullet

[​IMG]

9. Stina

May 6, 2009
    Allentown, PA
    It's so hard to tell how their crest feathers are shaped b/c when they got them wet they stayed shaped funny [​IMG] I'm ok with 2 roo's and a pullet.....really I want one of each...if all 3 are roo's I guess that's ok too I'd just keep one....but I'd like for one to be a pullet!

10. Coralietg

Coralietg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2010
    Opelousas, LA
    I was looking through your pictures with my 2-year old daughter looking on, she just about bugged out over those funky chicken hair-styles. They are so cute! They are all lovely looking chickies [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by