My chickies <3

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by crc310, Aug 9, 2014.

1. crc310

crc310 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    Isaiah [​IMG]
    Mama Bucky
    [​IMG]
    Poppy
    [​IMG]
    Amelia
    [​IMG]
    Dottie
    [​IMG]
    Cassiopeia
    [​IMG]
    Egglivia
    [​IMG]
    Lady Cluck
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  2. guineaczech

guineaczech Out Of The Brooder

Aug 6, 2014
    damon tx
    Very handsome set of chickens! I love the names.

3. crc310

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    We adopted broody Mama Bucky (3 YO BSL) with her RIR babies in spring 2013. In fall of 2014, we adopted Dottie (4YO EE), her friends were all taken by hawks and she was the last one. July 2014, we adopted Cassie (1 YO Laced Wyandotte) and Eggie (1YO BR) from a lady who couldn't bear to cull them but needed to reduce her flock. A few days ago, a man from down the road knocked on our door with Lucky (now Lady Cluck) under his arm. She (for the second time) was sole survivor of her flock. He found her hiding by herself in the coop when they returned from vacation. Hawks, owls, coons, and/or coyotes got the rest. They will be here until their lives end. They are friends not food:)

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014
  4. Mah1Mah1

Mah1Mah1 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2014
    Australia, NSW
    Very beautiful, all of them. I'm so happy you took them in! Dottie is very pretty btw [​IMG]

5. crc310

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    Thanks, guys! I love my flock:)

6. crc310

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    I have Lady Luck in quarantine currently. She is a bit smaller than my others and Dottie has already made her bleed through the fence (back of comb). I have some experience with intros but they have all been the same size! Do I do anything diff with her since she's smaller? Esp since Dottie already made her bleed?
    I feel bad for her once we send her out, Isaiah is huge! He does have the neighbors 5 BR and 5 EE too but he loves the petite ones XD

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

So pretty! Enjoy them! [​IMG]

8. crc310

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    Oh, we do! Thanks!

9. crc310

Feb 25, 2013
    Michigan
    Intros went pretty well. Today was her first time out of the pen to free range with the others. She is very brave and tough! She stole Dottie's treats out from under her, twice! Lol she was even brave enough to follow my chickens into the treeline and to my neighbors coop:) She did wonderful!

10. kikithebird

kikithebird Chillin' With My Peeps

hello and welcome to byc nice flock

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by