My chickies' first outing!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by JanetR, Jun 11, 2011.

1. JanetR

JanetR Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Long Island NY
    They are just over 1 week old. I had them out about 20 mins. At first they stayed in a pile but after a few minutes started to explore. This was the first time I let Charlie my golden retreiver see them. I'm sure he had been wondering why I spend so much time in the bathroom talking to myself![​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    So cute!! [​IMG]

3. serenityNH

serenityNH Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 7, 2011
    Raymond, NH
    Awww, so cute [​IMG] . Charlie is a beauty and looks like he will be a great chicken protector- I have a chicken protector too [​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

My two dachshunds AND my Himalayan are all annoyed by the closed bathroom door and the amount of time I spend in there. (Gee, we know she's getting older and it takes longer to do her business in that special room, but Geeez! And what's all that other noise? Who is she talking to? Why isn't she spending that time talking to US?)

Once the birds are outside, the furred kids just accept 'em. But they are SO jealous of the bathroom/brooder/nursery time.

I can hardly wait to get mine outside because they're ready, but I'm not ready to move them out yet...

5. JanetR

JanetR Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Long Island NY
    Quote:LOL! Exactly!

6. Terrie Mac

Terrie Mac Out Of The Brooder

May 17, 2011
    Quote:Ahhh, your dog looks like my Smokey whose been gone for a long time. LOVED that dog, I know he would have been gentle with the chickens....but now I have a choc. lab with extreme prey extincts (just caught a rat in the lettuce patch) and a border/aussie whose developed middle child syndrome since the chicks arrived. But I love to hear (and see) other animals getting along with chickens.

JanetR: beautiful photos, beautiful chicks, and beautiful Charlie!!

7. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    They look like they are enjoying all that green grass!

8. EatMorSteak

EatMorSteak Out Of The Brooder

May 28, 2011
    I'm jealous. [​IMG] I can't let me chicks out unless my Jack Russell is locked up. I consider him a predator!

9. typnslow

typnslow Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    New Market, Al
    Cute lil peeps. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by