My chickies... lots of pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Rochelesmit, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Rochelesmit

Rochelesmit Out Of The Brooder

Feb 26, 2012
    Centennial, CO
    Picked up five chicks at the local feed store on Fri. 3 BR and 2 BSL. Leave it to me to pick out a defective one even though I had first pick of them all; the last one I picked was eating/drinking and running around all perky at the store, but died just hours after coming home. So I now have only one little BSL. It's ok since I picked out five with an end goal of four since I figured either one would die or turn out to be a roo. Obviously the BSL isn't a roo, and hopefully all three BR I picked are pullets! I choose the three blackest downed, smallest headspotted, blackest legged chicks out of the bunch. Here are pictures!

Chick #1

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #2

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Chick #3

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And Chick #4 (BSL)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 4, 2012
  2. primalchick

primalchick Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Alberta, Canada
    Great job on the photos! Dang they are soooo cute :) I love all the chick pictures in this forum!!

3. mrstillery09

mrstillery09 Out Of The Brooder

Feb 9, 2012
    Kansas City, Missouri
    I'm sorry for your loss. They sure are adorable though! We just got ours yesterday and are throughly enjoying their antics!

4. dragonmorgan

dragonmorgan Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2012
    South Alabama
    Too cute. We got ours fri. (2 BRs, 2 gold comets, and 2 buff brahmas) our BR look like urs so hopefully we will both have pullets lol.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by