1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My Chickies

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by melishkia, Dec 31, 2016.

1. melishkia

melishkia Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2016
    Here are some pictures of my flock that I took today, I will just say- excuse the yard, winter was not kind to my grass this year and the chickens names... I have no idea where they come from, its literally the first name that pops into mind while i'm looking at one of them and it usually sticks, haha!

[​IMG]
    Olive, my easter egger who has yet to lay. I believe its true that EE's take longer to lay but its also been winter.

[​IMG]
    From front to back, Mamba (Black Australorp), Olive (EE), Brown Head? (She never really had a name, Americauna), Freckles (Salmon Favorolle), Beth (Black Sex Link), and Rusty (Blue wheaten Americauna).

[​IMG]
    Pearl, my Buff Orpington

[​IMG]
    O
    live, Freckles, Mamba, and Rusty

[​IMG]
    Everyone hangs out together around here

[​IMG]
    I'm getting about 4 eggs, I have a total of 9 hens- 2 are molting and the other 2 are only 3 months, then theres my free-loader EE, Olive).

I know the light tan egg is from my salmon favorolle, can you help me figure out the other 3? I'm guessing the yellow egg is from my orpington, the darker brown is from my sex link, and the medium brown is from my australorp?

[​IMG]
    Pretty girl, Freckles. I love my salmon favorolle, she is so talkative!

[​IMG]
    In the back, you can see Goldie Chops who is one of the two molters. She's not happy about the pictures right now lol.

[​IMG]
    Mamba and Beth looking at the camera

[​IMG]
    One of my youngsters, Begonia- Lemon Orpington. She is a bit of a pea brain, as you can tell by the look in her eye lol. She is very shy and not much of a forager but she is so pretty.

[​IMG]
    Looking for food scraps as usual

[​IMG]
    Agnus, blue copper maran. I just love her, too cute.

[​IMG]
    Rusty! My handsome man, best rooster hands down.

[​IMG]
    Agnus, being sweet.

Thanks for stopping by!

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Great looking batch of birds! Rusty is a handsome fellow!!

3. N F C

N F C Home in WY Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    Nice pictures and nice looking birds! Based on my experience with egg colors in a mixed flock, I agree with your guesses on who laid which egg.

4. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

they are all beautiful! [​IMG] Thanks for sharing.

5. melishkia

May 26, 2016
    Thank you everyone, since writing this post- I'm now getting 6 eggs. My EE finally laid a beautiful blue egg and we just hatched our first two chicks. One was the salmon favorolle and the other was the buff orpington's. I have 9 more eggs in the incubator and very excited to see what they look like!
    [​IMG]

sorry for the delayed reply

6. melishkia

May 26, 2016
    The one on the left with the fuzzy legs was the salmon favorolle [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by