My chicks are 4 weeks old and tonight they will not stop talking...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChickenKelly, Nov 21, 2011.

1. ChickenKelly

ChickenKelly Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    They usually have the little peep noises or a little twill... but tonight it is loud and non-stop. I have filled the waterer with clean water, given fresh food. Room tempature is around 80 degrees.

Is it possible they are just spoiled because we handle them frequently? If so, they each have already had their 15 minutes of snuggling. I need some suggestions.

2. FuzzyButtsFarm

FuzzyButtsFarm Rest in Peace 1950-2013

I also got tired of the all night brooder parties till I got a black light. Now when it gets dark they go right to sleep. lol

3. ChickenKelly

ChickenKelly Out Of The Brooder

Sep 5, 2011
    Thank you... I guess you could read through my peeps to see I was getting upset! I am just afraid they may be afraid or maybe just getting spoiled?!

4. Mudsow

Mudsow Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 6, 2009
    Mine always peep at me to come out. The more they get used to it, the more they like it. [​IMG]

5. FuzzyButtsFarm

I don't mean just little peeps, but loud peeps flapping wings ect. Woke me up at 3am in the morning. When I got up the next day waters and feeders overturned. A humongus type cookie formation of feed and water with shavings in the middle of the brooder. This happened on numerious occasions. Then I got the black light bulb. Worked like a charm. There's even an old thread entitled continuous loud brooder parties or something like that. It's hilarious, [​IMG] look it up. Quite a few of us had that problem. Here's a link

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=441244&p=6

Last edited: Nov 21, 2011
  6. Uncle Marc

Uncle Marc Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 12, 2011
    Poplar Grove Kentucky
    What is a black light? I remember the ones from the disco days but obviously they didn't produce heat, just made your white dancing suit glow.

7. FuzzyButtsFarm

Oh yes they do. Just like any other light bulb unless it's florescent, they have them too. at Home depot

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by