My chicks are 4 weeks old!!! *PICS*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by gumpsgirl, May 22, 2008.

1. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    I can't believe I've had these little fuzz butts for a month now! WOW! Where does time go?!?!

Here are some pics that I took when I was outside this morning. [​IMG]

This is Incoln (like Lincoln w/ no "L" - my son named her! [​IMG] ) our 1 and only Barred Rock. She is the sweetest little chick!
    [​IMG]
    This is Incoln and her proud owner!
    [​IMG]
    Our 1 and only White Leghorn, Cheddar (another name from one of my boys [​IMG] )
    [​IMG]
    One of my Golden Comets.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. basicliving

basicliving Keepin' the sunny side up

Mar 20, 2008
    Shenandoah Valley, VA
    ahhhhh! They are so cute! And your son is adorable. Everyone sure looks happy in those pics. Thanks for sharing.

Penny

3. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    nice pictures. do you have any "before" shots when they were young chicks?

4. Chickaroo!

Chickaroo! Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 27, 2007
    I love the name Cheddar! That is so cute [​IMG]

5. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:Yep! This picture shows the BR and White Leghorn next to the water with the rest of the chicks are the Golden Comets. I they were 1 wk. old here.

I love your avatar picture by the way! [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 22, 2008
  6. KKluckers

KKluckers Time Out

Sep 4, 2007
    Super cute. I love the teenage stage!

7. tygab

tygab Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    MA/NH border
    great, thank you!

They look a lot different to me anyway! But have feathered really nicely. I suspect they will be even better looking when they are adults!

8. debakadeb

debakadeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    SW Indiana
    Mine are six weeks old now..amazing how quickly they grow. Are your golden comets friendly? Mine are NOT. Of the six chicks, the two golden comets are the ones that hate to be held and scurry away as soon as my hand comes near. They are also the ones that chirp loudly when I do hold them. I'm hoping they get friendlier when I move them to a bigger space. I know the times I've taken them outside they freely move around me rather than away from me so I have high hopes!

9. gumpsgirl

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    Quote:My Golden Comets have always been very friendly. I have 16 of them and each one is much more friendlier than my RIR's ever have been! I'm sorry to hear that yours are not. [​IMG] Hopefully they will get friendlier for you when you move them, like you stated.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by