My chicks are growing so fast.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Alte Vogel, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Alte Vogel

Alte Vogel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    S.E. Alabama
    Can you tell I'm a Newbie. I am surprised how fast they grow and change how they look. They certainly develop their own personalities too. The largest of my three is Lucy the chipmunk Easter Egger. She is also the most shy. Anyway here are a couple of pix. My Dominiques are Laverne and Shirley.

July 24th Day 13

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Aug 3rd Day 22

They got a taste of being able to run around the pen. Loved hunting for bugs.

[​IMG]

Love my little peeps:love

2. mallory2013

mallory2013 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2011
    Eastern CT
    I couldn't beleive how fast they grow either! I have 8 six-week olds and 2 four-weeks olds and the size and feathering difference is astounding between the two groups. Your chicks are adorable! Where did you get them from?

3. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Yes the do, cute girls.

4. erinangele

erinangele Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2011
    Mine are about the same age as yours, and i am also amazed at how quickly they grow! Yours are darling, i love the picture of them outside. I'm sure mine would like catching bugs too since they currently like catching their baby fuzz [​IMG]

5. RedDrgn

RedDrgn Anachronistic Anomaly

May 11, 2011
    West Virginia
    My Coop
    Oh yeah they do! Visible changes just within a 24 hour period. Take lots of pictures because it's fun to look back and see how they changed (and how quickly). [​IMG]

6. lorain's fids

lorain's fids Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 9, 2011
    New Jersey
    Quote:Your chicks are cute!
    I'm a first time "chick Mom",( my girls are 5 weeks) and I couldn't believe how fast they changed, it was like I would check on them and they had changed from the last time I checked on them. I wish they would've stayed little for a bit longer. I also have a Laverene and Shirley! LOL!!!![​IMG]

7. Alte Vogel

Alte Vogel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2011
    S.E. Alabama
    Quote:I got mine from mypetchicken.com. They were so very helpful. They even offered to combine my shipment with my daughter-in-laws mother so we wouldn't have 2 shipping costs. Unfortunately the breeds I wanted weren't hatching the same time as hers. It was a nice offer though.

8. WVChickenFarmer

WVChickenFarmer Chillin' With My Peeps

May 6, 2011
    Union, WV
    Yes, they do grow very fast! My youngest chicks are now 9 weeks old! Take all pictures you can so you can look back at them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by