My chicks are hatching!!!! *Pics*

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ChickGirl6, May 25, 2010.

1. ChickGirl6

ChickGirl6 Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    EchoingAcres, MN
    My cochin and cochin/partridgerock eggs are hatching! The first one is a splash cochin[​IMG] There is one zipping as I type and two have pipped. I can't wait for the rest to hatch so I can see what color they will be.

2. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    Congratulations! Isn't it just the greatest feeling seeing one of those little guys make it out of the egg? [​IMG]

3. trilyn

trilyn Songster

Apr 13, 2009
    East Syracuse
    It is, then I have to hold my breath while they're playing soccer in there. I'm always afraid nothing else will hatch, even though I see pips and zips! lol

4. jeremy

jeremy CA Royal Blues

Mar 23, 2008
    Oakland, CA
    As soon as they all start hatching I just have to leave the room. Then, a couple hours later when it's quiet and they've quit rolling around on top of each other I go have a peek. My nerves go crazy when I see one chick crawling on top of another that's just starting to zip out of the egg. [​IMG]

5. ChickGirl6

ChickGirl6 Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    EchoingAcres, MN
    The one that was zipping in my first post is out, its a splash cochin! and the two that were pipped are now zipping.

6. shellybean40

shellybean40 Songster

Apr 15, 2010
    Boerne, TX
    The most exciting thing ever is when you are hatching eggs!!!!

7. ChickGirl6

ChickGirl6 Songster

Mar 7, 2010
    EchoingAcres, MN
    And these are eggs from two hens that I lost, plus my other cochins. The roo is blue and the hens are blue, black and a partridge rock. so any guess's on color for the chicks that have yet to hatch. The hens that I lost were the partridge rock and a black cochin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by