My chicks are here!!! (PICS)

KellyHM

Crowing
11 Years
Sep 10, 2008
Lakeland, FL
Here are my 6-wk-old Black Copper Marans chicks that I ordered! They're in the semi-ugly stage and don't have all their feathers yet, but I love them anyways! Any ideas on sexes?

15626_101_1253.jpg

15626_101_1254.jpg

I got 7 total. 3 are bigger bodied and have bigger combs/wattles, 3 are smaller, and the last one is somewhere in the middle. I'm hoping at least the 3 smaller ones are pullets.
fl.gif

Where did you get them, Kelly? Seems already obvious that there are several roosters in that bunch. In fact, I'd be surprised if you got 3 pullets out of those. Sure hope I'm proved wrong, but by six weeks old, the sex of most breeds is obvious.

Last edited:
I bought them off eggbid. I got them relatively cheap, so I decided to take the chance. The other breeds I have don't have straight combs, so I'm not use to looking at them. I guess time will tell!

every bird i see there is a cockeral. that is sad miss p, how people will rip you off. i am sorry to say dear, but you don't have any girls as far as i can see... you should dispute with the seller if you can!

I already sent her an e-mail telling her they all look like cockerels. She said in e-mails (which I still have) that she thought 3-4 of them were pullets, so I guess I'll give it a little time and see what happens.

On the other hand, some people on the Marans of America website said they saw a couple that could be pullets. So who knows? I guess it will just be a wait and see game.

There are only two that I see that *MAY* be pullets, but it's a far stretch. I see roos, as well....at six weeks they all look like they have way more comb and wattle than a pullet would....I hope for your sake that they aren't all that way, but otherwise I'd be P.O.'ed!!!!

Back
Top Bottom