My chicks are here!

Pipe Dreaming

Songster
8 Years
Aug 12, 2014
Montrose, MI.
I got the call yesterday from the post office to come get my noisy little box :)

I got them set up in my dog's whelping box. I'm using newspaper right now for bedding, a red heat lamp and medicated chick feed. I put some stones in their water dish and I put a little bit of electrolytes in there.

I have 8 Blue Cochin bantams and 7 Belgian D'uccles. Ordered from Purely Poultry. All arrived alive and seem to be doing very well. Very lively and all eating and drinking well. They have been racing around this morning. Amazing something so small can run that fast.

If anyone has any tips for keeping them healthy and happy, I'm all ears!

They all look happy and healthy!
We have some chicks and I know where you are coming from...they cant half run fast!
We like to put a teddy or a little box with some towels in so they can snuggle up in, but its entirely up to you what you decide to do with your chicks!
We also like to put new items in ever other day or so, so they don't get bored. Like some grass, or lots of hay to jump around in!
On those picture to look like you have the essentials, just keep checking up on them, make sure that they have lots of water and food!

Hope it all goes well!!!!-Corrie 13yrs xx

Greetings from Southern Skies Ranch in Live Oak, Fl
Mine are hatching
3 days early. 1 on day 19, 3 on day 20. I have to go to the feed store and pick up chick starter and grower.
I didn't want to jinx it by getting feed early. I guess I have a day or two before they will need food. is that right? I put them on a towel until all have hatched, then
on shavings in a 100 gal. Rubbermaid horse tub. I have some barn cats I have to watch that don't get into the enclosed service porch. I think I'll put a screen over
top. my friend owns half the eggs so I'm sending her pictures from my smart phone. they're adorable. 39 chicks left to hatch. wish me success. thanks for all the info.
you all are great.

that's a good idea putting a teddy in the box. I'm also glad you reminded me of the electrolytes.

that's a good idea putting
Greetings from Southern Skies Ranch in Live Oak, Fl
Mine are hatching
  3 days early. 1 on day 19, 3 on day 20.  I have to go to the feed store and pick up chick starter and grower.
I didn't want to jinx it by getting feed early. I guess I have a day or two before they will need food. is that right? I put them on a towel until all have hatched, then
on shavings in a 100 gal. Rubbermaid horse tub. I have some barn cats I have to watch that don't get into the enclosed service porch. I think I'll put a screen over
top. my friend owns half the eggs so I'm sending her pictures from my smart phone. they're adorable. 39 chicks left to hatch. wish me success. thanks for all the info.
you all are great.
Just to be on the safe side I like to put food and water in as soon as the chicks ate out..... I aways find that easier so if the need a drink there's some there
2665.png

Let me know if they all hatch!!!!!!:))
Good luck!!:) Corrie 13 yes old xx

Back
Top Bottom