my chicks are in the mail! due to arrive tomorrow by 3pm

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by realsis, Jan 22, 2013.

1. realsis

realsis Crazy for Silkies

Jan 17, 2013
    California
    Hi all! I'm so excited! Everything is happening so fast now! I was waiting on DNA sexing results on my chicks because where I live I can't have roosters. Well the results came in and two out of three isn't bad! Igave the roo back the breeder and had them send another.this time instead of dna i just got a hen guarentee . This means if the one that's not sexed turns out male they will send me another chick for free! But the best news is they are in the mail right now! I will receive them tomorrow by 3! Any advice is greatly appercieated! My chicks are now about 8weeks old.I'm so excited i had to share with you all! I have three bearded silkie bantaman chicks! One is blue, two are partdridge color. I'm so nervous! I pray they arrive healthy and safely.I'll be keeping them in the brooder until they feather out. They will stay in the spare room until then. I pray i do this right as I've never done this before! I just wanted to let you all know they are finally coming!! I'm so happy! :)

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    It s exciting getting new chicks. Congrats. I am sure you will do fine. If you think of any questions ask away Byc is a friendly bunch of people that are always happy to help new comers :)

3. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    How exciting! I'm sure you have thier place all set up and waiting for them. Good luck!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by