My chicks are OLDER now. Mixed bag.

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Meat Hunter, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Meat Hunter

Meat Hunter Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2011
    Had a few different opinions of what I had. Had some concrete opinions as well. What do you see here as far as breeds go.

Was told the red in front was a production red, but over the past couple days, she grew a white tip on her tail.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The big roo is a black sex link?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Is this a EE?
    [​IMG]

My boy still thinks this one is a hawk LOL.
    [​IMG]

The hatchery deals in mainly these breeds but will take special orders. Maybe there are ones other than listed here?
    Hardy Concord, California White, Production Red, Barred Rock, Black Sex Link, White Leghorns, White Rock, Black Austrolorp,
    Americanas, Buff Orpingtons, Silver Lace Wyandottes

2. BHep

BHep Overrun With Chickens

Nov 20, 2010
    Faison, NC
    The big black rooster is an Austrolorp,(and looks like the only rooster in the flock ), the red with white tip tail is red sex link hen, the black sex link hens are black with the gold on their necks, barred rock, EEs( the hawks [​IMG] ) , BO & Leghorn. Nice assortment.

3. Meat Hunter

Meat Hunter Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2011
    There is one other roo. The barred rock in the back. Hard to make him out, but for sure a roo. He and the black one square off daily to see who is ruler of the roost. Needless to say, the black one rulz LOL
    I mean to say Austrolorp instead of black sex link. I had sex (link) on my mind lol. Thanks for your input, appreciate it.
    Hopefully the barred and the Austrolorp will breed with these ladies and make for some interesting chicks.

The barred hen with the two chicks is a hen left over from our last batch. The only one who survived the onslaught of predators. Only 2 babies survived her first hatching. Papa was a California White. The all white chick is just that, all while. But there is one feather on ONE side and only on ONE side of that ONE feather is there a few streaks of black.

The other chick looks as if it will resemble a barred rock for the most part. Gonna post the 2 babies tomorrow. I think the white one is a roo......

4. Cowgirl71

Cowgirl71 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 5, 2010
    Missouri Ozarks
    The black rooster is a Black Australorp. I also see the Barred Rock rooster.

The hens are: a Red Sexlink hen (red w/white tail), a Buff Orpington hen (golden), some Black Australorp hens (solid black), some Black Sexlink hens (black with varying amount of red/orange on neck/breast area), an Easter Egger hen ("Hawk"), a White Leghorn hen (solid white), and some Barred Rock hens (black/white barred color). There's also a hen that is white with black speckles. I'm pretty sure that she's an Easter Egger too, with her green legs. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by