My chicks are over a week old..Pics!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by thndrdancr, Sep 14, 2007.

1. thndrdancr

thndrdancr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, I have posted some of these pic in other posts, but not sure anyone looked at them, they kind of got lost. But anyhow..
    My little barred rock, Disco Lily and the showgirl, Dash.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  2. Frozen Feathers

Frozen Feathers Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2007
    Maine
    OMG that Showgirl is sooo adorable. [​IMG] Disco is a cutie, too. Glad they seem to be getting along.

3. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Thanks, Angie

Its an uneasy alliance on Disco's part, but Dash thinks she is A-OK and follows her everywhere, getting underfoot, stealing any food she finds, etc. Disco Lily is NOT a happy camper about her right now, but is resigned. [​IMG]

4. barg

barg Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Yay they are getting along.
    Nice pics , they are very cute.
    I musta missed your other post too. hmm [​IMG]
    Actually I hadn't seen you on in a couple days and thought you had taken a break.
    Oh I need to talk to you about your camera, I keep forgetting, do you have a USb cable for it?
    (USB cable is a cable thats usually smallish at one end and has a 1/2 inch flat connector at the other end- I think its 1/2 inch, I havn't mesured it)

5. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Yup, but my USB is plugged into my printer. I hate this printer, stupid thing, its awful! I am ready to junk it.

So I can use the USB cable to plug into my camera? Its that easy? Oh and I have been on a LOT but no one is paying any attention to me either. [​IMG]

Jill

6. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    most digital cameras( that I have seen) come with a USB connector. The cable is usually, specificly for the camera, so one end will fit in the camera, the other end will fit into any USB outlet on your computer.
    Some computers have USB outlets on the front some on the back, some have both.
    You will need to look for any cables that came with your camera.
    What brand and model camera is it?

We just arn't part of the Popular Set.

7. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    My sis just threw out the box the camera came in when she cleaned the basement last week and any cords that came with...(along with 1/2 of my clothes, part of my camping equipement, etc) grrrrrr [​IMG] So, I guess I might be outta luck.

Its a Kodak Easyshare, but only 3.2 megapix. Good news tho, I might upgrade to a 5 tomorrow, Walgreens is having a closeout special on them for 50 bux! [​IMG]

8. barg

Apr 27, 2007
    OMG I'm there, well maybe not there, but My walgreens.
    I'm not thrilled with the camera we got to replace the old one, megapixel means nothing after a certain point, this camera makes everything too blue.
    I need to check that $50.00 one out.

FYI, my last camera was 4.1 and the current one is 7.2, I'd rather have the old one back over the new one I have.

9. thndrdancr

Mar 30, 2007
    Belleville, Kansas
    Well, call around. They told me the discount comes down from corporate headquarters, and I have been keeping my eye on them (even as long ago as last week) and didnt see it, today I went to one and they were all gone. [​IMG] I called several, only one I found had the discount AND one left. One store said they didnt know bout it yet, but had 4 left, so they were still marked $99. And two stores were out. We have about 10 of them here, thank goodness!
    Its $50.99, so call around and see what you can find out. I got them to hold it for 24 hours, so am going tomorrow to snab it. [​IMG] Darned good deal!

10. Mac in Wisco

Mac in Wisco Antagonist

May 25, 2007
    SW Wisconsin
    Most of those cameras use an SD card to store the images. If you don't have the USB cord you can still take the card out and plug it into a computer that has a slot for it. If your computer doesn't have a built in card reader you can buy a little card reader that plugs into the computer fairly cheap.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by