my chicks are PICKY.

sheeshshe

Songster
10 Years
May 6, 2009
very picky. They won't eat anything unless it is teeny tiny. they flip out if I put anything in their home larger than a pea, or if I try to feed them something larger outside or anywhere they flip out LOL! they won't eat radish greens.. my neighbors chicks LOVE those! they won't eat watermelon, my other neighbors chicks love that! etc etc etc.. I've tried bread... nope. this and that and nope. picky! will they ever learn to try new foods? they will eat peas and corn though..

frow.gif
How old are your chicks?

Mine are also picky. My MIL yelled at me for throwing away potato peels. She insisted the chickens would eat them. I had to show her they wouldn't. They also don't like iceberg lettuce among other things. My husband asked "what kind of messed up chickens are they?"

I have been putting in greens from outside and what I notice is that they play with them. If they are doing that then you are OK. Mine freak everytime I put something in too but if you watch them for 15 mins you will see they will try them out. My chicks play keep away with something I put in be it a grass of a grape.

oh I put stuff in there and leave it there and they don't touch it LOL!

Now, I have two little ones that are 3 weeks old and they eat anything and everything. I'm stumped. what is with the older 4?!

Back
Top Bottom