My chicks are sneezing alot! HELP!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Peachesbabychick, May 24, 2012.

1. Hi everyone,

Yesterday I brought home 6 baby chicks.....all just under 2 weeks old. I brought them home and they are now in a nice sized water trough (in my garage), with a red 250 watt heat lamp on one side and fresh pine shavings for bedding.

This morning Iv'e noticed that they are sneezing quite a bit.... very noticable. They are eating, drinking, peeping and doing all the things baby chicks do. I looked at one of them... no discharge of any kind.

Is this normal? I'm very worried please help!

-Peaches

2. OreoPlymothRock

OreoPlymothRock Songster

Apr 3, 2012
    Florida
    that sometimes happens to mine. they would sneeze alot. do you think they have influenza?

3. emcgrath27

emcgrath27 In the Brooder

Mar 3, 2012
    Looks for watery eyes, nose, etc. How are they acting? If they are eating and drinking and running around while they are awake I wouldn't worry too much. What are you using for bedding? Try to relax. [​IMG]

4. SkylaSilkie

SkylaSilkie Chirping

May 20, 2012
    Florida
    My Coop
    My chick, a silkie, sneezes once and a while.I think its alegic to my just hatched chick. Or it just has a cold.
    [​IMG]

5. Oh they act perfect. Eating alot, drinking, pooping and running around when they aren't napping. I've been trying not to handle them to much.... (I don't want to stress them out they are still so little) but when I watch them I don't see any watery nostrils etc. Just sneezing.

I am using pine shavings for their bedding.

-Peaches

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: