My chicks big adventure! Can u guess the breeds?

1stepcloser

Poultry In Motion
10 Years
Sep 16, 2009
Dover, TN
What a GORGEOUS day!! I took the babies outside and let them experience sunlight and grass between their toes for the first time today. Since you are looking...any guesses at to what breed of chickens they may be?
big_smile.png

misc012.jpg

misc018.jpg

misc015.jpg

The other pics are of my girls's foiled attempts to get at my new tire planters!! And of course of Foo, our loving mutt!

misc016.jpg

misc020.jpg

Last edited:
Your chicks are precious whatever they are! And Foo has a lovely toothy smile as well. Great idea for the planters; looks like tomatoes? Got mine in the ground this week and now the weather guys say it will be right at freezing Sunday night!! Noooooo. Your big girls look at the planters as if they are planning "Attack of the Furious Fence Vaulters"!

The black one with the white spot on its head is a Barred Rock. I'm not certain about the others though.

It looks like they all had fun outdoors!

Not necessarily a Barred Rock....that could also be a Dominique. If I remember my breed history here, I think I recall reading someplace that the Dominique was the foundation breed for the Barred Rock. If I'm wrong, please, anyone who knows for sure, feel free to correct me!

In the first pic, the one who is second in line coming through between the tire planters...That one looks like a "Blue" something. Perhaps Blue Orpington? Maybe Blue Wyandotte. I can't see the comb at all, and that could possibly tell you a lot!
wink.png

Maybe if we knew where you got them from, we'd have a better chance of identifications for you. Are these from your own flock? If so, let us know what your main rooster and hen breeds are. Mutts are so much fun! You just never know what's going to develop out of them!
lol.png

Whatever they turn out to be, they're adorable now!

okay...since others are actually guessing...I don't mind guessing too...lol. I'd say yellow is BO, and I'll agree with zahboo and say a BA and BR too (although could be a dominique...always get the leg colors confused). Don't know about the whites...and at least one does look like there's a little blue in it. They sure look like they were enjoying their outing! Very cute!
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom