My chicks came a day early!!!!! video links :)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by brizzlequizzle, Mar 5, 2009.

1. brizzlequizzle

brizzlequizzle Out Of The Brooder

Feb 16, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    So this morning I woke up to my mom telling me the post office called. I was so excited and I went go pick them up. Because they came early, I had to set up a quick brooder. There is not hear lamp, but I got a hot water bottle in there and a heater in the room. I got 11 chicks. A red cochin, a buff orpington, a barred plymouth rock, and 8 packing peanuts. (I think they are leghorns.) I find that the plymouth rock sleeps a lot more and hes always away from the group. I'm not sure whether the other chicks pick on him because he's a different color or if he's sick. I'm not too worried though.

Here are links to two youtube videos of my chickies. The first is my little brother and I.

The second is my friends and I with the chickies.

2. Delta2 23

Delta2 23 Flock Master

Sep 4, 2008
    They are adorable!!!! So cute! I love the yawning one. What's she called? i didn't know Barred Rock chicks were black.
    Good luck with your peeps![​IMG]

3. brizzlequizzle

Feb 16, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    we dont have names for them yet. we are gonna decide the names based on their personalities. they are really lively and fun.

4. teresac

teresac Out Of The Brooder

Jan 18, 2009
    Blairsville, GA
    Love the video. One question: Chicken Underground??[​IMG] Gotta tell me more.

5. wings

wings Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2009
    Massachusetts
    Cool! Adorable, actually! You should try and hurry up with the heat lamp, because it would stink to lose a chick to cold! [​IMG]

6. brizzlequizzle

Feb 16, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    Quote:Chicken underground means I'm not zoned for chickens. So if anyone complains about the chickens, animal control will probably take them away. Hence, I have to keep them secret. When I build the coop, it will probably be surrounded by foliage.

Also, we got the heat lamp. A friend of mine lent me hers, because she's not raising chicks this year.

7. cmom

cmom Hilltop Farm

Nov 18, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Adorable babies. How are you going to keep the Roos from crowing when they get older? Most likely the packing peanuts are males. The neighborhood will know when they get crowing.

8. brizzlequizzle

Feb 16, 2009
    Metro Detroit
    Quote:My mom's friend has a farm and says she can take the baby roosters. I'm only going to keep 3 hens, so they shouldn't cause too much trouble. [​IMG]

9. SuperCoco

SuperCoco Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2009
    LOVE THAT VIDEO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![​IMG] I hope you can show us more.

10. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Cool, those cochins look awesome;.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by