My Chicks Came :D (More Pictures)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by UrbanPolish, Apr 16, 2009.

1. UrbanPolish

UrbanPolish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    [​IMG]

They just got here this morning! There's four Gray Japanese Bantams, 5 Blue Mille Fleur d'Uccles, and about 9 or so males chicks given to me for warmth.

I believe the standard chicks (the roosters they gave me) may be Wyandotts (spelling?), but I'm not sure about the little guy in the back that's mostly grayish colored. Anyone have any ideas?

The Japanese are so tiny compared even to the d'Uccles, but they definitely hold their own against the other guys [​IMG]. All those roosters they gave me, not keeping more than a couple that's for sure, are kinda mean, but the bantams don't let them pick on them too much.

And yes, I realize their brooder is kinda gross, so I'm cleaning it out before I go to bed tonight.

This is Hiro, one of my Japanese:

[​IMG]

Hiro again:

[​IMG]

As you can see, the camera doesn't do well up close, even with the flash off...

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  2. chickenwhisperer123

chickenwhisperer123 Whispers Loudly

Mar 7, 2009
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    They look great!
    I want more pics!! [​IMG]

3. UrbanPolish

UrbanPolish Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2009
    I had another one of just the grayish one in the corner, but when the camera flashed he fell over and ran lol. But those two pictures were as far as I got before the batteries died on the camera [​IMG] And I've still not found anymore! But there will be more ASAP!

And speakinf of that gray colored one, I forgot to mention his down around his neck curls outwards toward his beak and is longer than the other chicks his size... Just some strange trait?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by