My Chicks came yesterday from Welp Hatchery (pics)

GardeNerd

Crowing
14 Years
Jan 7, 2009
Southern California
My Coop
My Coop
Hi,
The chicks had a ruff time in shipping. They were delayed an extra day in shipping; they shipped on Wed. and arrived on Sat. We lost some due to the stress and length of transit. There were 45 total between 8 of us, so most survived. I am keeping 8. It was a group order. I didn't keep exactly what I had ordered. I had ordered 2 red sexlinked, 2 barred rock, 2 black australorps, and 2 easter eggers. Due to the losses, I ended up with 1 RS, 2 BA, 3 BR, and 2 EE. Here are pics of my new little ones.

20741_p1160033.jpg

20741_p1160063.jpg

20741_p1160074.jpg

20741_p1160048.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like the last couple are having an issue with pasty butt. You'll need to clean them up before they get plugged up.

Cute chicks tho.

I just looked at the picture again....maybe those are wing feathers I'm seeing?

Last edited:
So so cute!!!!
woot.gif

I have 50 scheduled to arrive the first week of March. 50 brown egg layers and 50 ornamental layers.

I ordered them McMurray. I ordered from them before and everything was great.

Good luck with your chicks!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yeah, those are feathers on the EE. I do have two that are having issues with pasty butt. The RS and one of the BAs. They are the ones that got some plain yogurt because they didn't look like they were going to make it on Saturday. I am on top of it. I am using warm water on them and it isn't a big problem yet. It has been like taking care of new born babies this weekend; I just don't have all the new mommy acks and pains to go with it.

I spoke with Welp Hatchery's customer service this morning. They were really nice and understanding. No problem, they are shipping the chicks we ended up being short from our order out to us next week. They couldn't tell me if we will end up with any little roo packing peanut chicks or not. They said they would make a note on the order that if they did put roos in for warmth, to mark them. I kind of hope I don't get any, since I don't think it would be easy to find someone in the city willing to take cockerel chicks. I do understand about the warmth thing.

We are very pleased with the service we received from Welp Hatchery. We got our replacement shipment this morning. They are all alive and well. They also sent an extra Red Sexlinked and an extra Barred Rock. No packing peanuts.

Back
Top Bottom