My chicks didn't survive the shipping....

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Brelansmama, Feb 5, 2009.

1. Brelansmama

Brelansmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 24, 2009
    McMinnville, Oregon
    [​IMG] My poor chickys...I was supposed to go pick them up today, but the person I ordered them from emailed and said not all made the trip, and I was the last person to order, so unless someone else doesn't pick theirs up, we don't get them...[​IMG]
    Poor babies, at least we didn't meet them, and my 3 yr old DD didn't have to deal with another death! (my parents Boston Terrier, Hoover, got hit by a car a few months ago, she LOVED that dog, then we traveled to South Dakota to care for my Grandmother, who had lung/liver cancer, and 4 days after we got there she passed away.)
    My poor girl has had to deal with more than a 3 yr old should have to.

2. Buck Creek Chickens

Buck Creek Chickens Have Incubator, Will Hatch

Nov 26, 2008
    Neenah, WI
    I wish you were closer I hatched chicks a week ago for a hatchablity, and have pure chicks that could find a new home.

3. GardeNerd

GardeNerd Chillin' With My Peeps

I'm so sorry to hear that. I understand your pain. My kids are so looking forward to ours coming next Friday. I don't look forward to the possibility of DOA. That is so hard on the kids when they don't make it after all the anticipation. Do you mind if I ask, what hatchery did you order from?

That doesn't seem fair that you get none. Why not split the losses among all the folks. That is what I plan to do if there are any causalities in our order. I organized an order for about 8 folks and myself from Welp hatchery.

Could you put a want ad down on the Buy/Sell/Trade part of the forums? Maybe someone closer could help out.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by