My chicks/ducklings came this morning!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by grullablue, Feb 20, 2014.

1. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I had a 100% live arrival of our chicks and ducklings this morning! They all seem to be doing no worse for wear (considering they came from TX to WI), and happy to be out of that box. The brooder area for the 30 babies right now is 2x4 feet, and some of them have taken to using the entire thing as a race track. The brooder is expandable to 4 by 8 feet, so should be able to house them comfortably for quite awhile. I have

Black australorps
    buff orpingtons
    silver laced wyandottes
    Ameraucanas
    porcelain d'uccles
    mille fleur d'uccles
    and three Cayuga ducks!

They came from Ideal Hatchery, this is only my second time ordering via mail, but the last time I ordered from another hatchery, closer to me, and had three DOA's out of 25.

I'm happy they're all here, safe and sound! And thankful we JUST put the brooder up last night!

Angie

1 person likes this.
  2. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

Awesome! Don't forget to post pictures and mosey your way over to the duck forum to post some there as well! Your ducklings will need additional niacin if you are using chick starter.more information about it can be found in the duck forum!

3. grullablue

grullablue Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 27, 2008
    Madison, Wisconsin
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. subhanalah

subhanalah Overrun With Chickens

They are so FLUFFY! I just wanna kiss em...

5. farmkids

farmkids Out Of The Brooder

Jun 8, 2013
    Georgia
    Yay! I am so glad the babies arrived safely. They are perfectly darling, congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by