In the Brooder
7 Years
Mar 8, 2012
Vermont
So last night was the big move...to the big girl/boy coop
celebrate.gif
I have to admit I was a complete nervous wreck
sickbyc.gif
. I kept going out and checking on them over and over to make sure they were ok, and warm enough...But they were. They eventually all spread out at the end under the roosts, where the heat lamp is and slept the night away. It was soooooo cute
love.gif
I am so embarrassed to admit that I had a bit of a melt down when it came to go to sleep. It was so dark without the glow of the red heat lamp, and soooooooo quiet without the little peeps and shuffling of their little feet coming from the brooder. I actually sat and cried for a few minutes
hit.gif
I'm kind of a softie! But anyway, they did fantastically and were excited when I came out this morning to check on them! I love my chick chicks!

[FONT=comic sans ms,sans-serif]We still need to put up our sign - lime green painted letters that match the lime green on our hardware - on the front, and then I have some letters in the same color that spell out EGGS that will go on the side door. I might do some polka dots, and stripes on the letters too. We will start building the run this week. I'm loving how it's coming together
droolin.gif
[/FONT]

So cute! I'm a nervous wreck too! They should go in their coop next week-but I want to keep them inside with me! I love them sooooo much!

Back
Top Bottom