My Chicks from Dipsy Doodle Doo!!

youdontknow32

Songster
11 Years
Sep 29, 2008
South Western PA
So we had 36 eggs in our incubator, 4 off them got bumped buy a 9 year old...So 32 eggs, we got 20 chicks!! I got eggs from Dipsy Doodle Doo and was very pleased!! She sent me 29 eggs and we threw in one of our white silkie eggs and a cuckoo maran X barred rock and a New Hampshire Red X BLRW.

So all three of ours hatched and 17 of Dipsy Doodle Doo's eggs hatched. I am pretty sure we hatched out 2 cochins and the other 15 are all silkies as far as I can tell. As for the other 12 in the incubator 11 started to hatch but then didn't make it, number 12 is still trying to hatch..not too bad for our first hatch huh?

Here is a pic..not very good, sorry! I have more but it is taking forever so I will upload more later.

Oh we also got a Naked neck out of her eggs!!!!! Yay!

16436_captured_2008-10-25_00007.jpg

16436_captured_2008-10-23_00004.jpg

16436_captured_2008-10-24_00012.jpg

16436_captured_2008-10-24_00007.jpg

Yaaay Nicole! They are darlings!
I saw that NN chick and wondered if it came from here or was one of yours.
Looks like a splash!
She might grow up to look like this little charmer: "Gem"
or if she frizzles, like "Treasure" (they are from a different cross, tho).

Can't wait to see the rest!

And YES!, great job incubating.
With the ones that tried to hatch but didn't finish, there was probably something squirrelly with the humidity.
That's something you can work on fine-tuning on your next hatch.

smile.png

Lisa

Thank you Lisa!! They are just wonderful and I am soo very pleased with your eggs!! Thanks for telling me about the humidity...wow I didn't really think about that, matt took care of that part, I will have to tell him!!:|..lol

The Naked neck was one of yours!!! *Claps*....I would love to get more from you;)

Great hatch...now I feel bad for those 11:/

Last edited:
I just looked at your page lisa and the chick in the first photo is one of your cochins and it looks just like you mottled cochin chicks!!
smile.png
If that is possible..lol

Back
Top Bottom