My chicks from Ideal are 1 month old now! *Updated Pics-pg 6*

Awww, how do you get chickens that want to be held. Ours never do. Although I do notice the two SLW chicks are the first to run out of the brooder and stand near me.

some chicks like to be held, most run from the scary hand.

i have several that run to my hand and jump on. keep touching them softly and put food in your hand for them. eventually the scary hand turns into prize central. Pavlov 'em, baby!

My lavender chicks the same age don't even come near me. The SLW's run and try to jump on me! I am going to order some pullets next spring. I love how tame the breed is.

Someone just emailed me about silkie chicks. I told them I could hatch some for them (and wait three weeks) or I could order the colors they wanted from Ideal so they wouldn't have the hassle of picking them up, etc. (and they could be them up on the 20th) I have to ask my mom though so I can use her credit card to pay for them. If I do get stuck with them, I wouldn't mind.
tongue.png

Haha All mine are too! Peppi is the worst! It might be good to get a picture now so you can see their combs better. I might be able to tell the sex better. Which two splashes are you keeping?

Back
Top Bottom