my chicks got a bigger yard

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Bisqit&Gravy, May 16, 2008.

1. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    It's bit cheesy but it works. Bigger than the top of a rabbit cage I had them in. It's been cold and raining for days now. They were sleeping in a bathroom garbage can laid on it's side but when it started raining they got wet. Yesterday, I zip tied a bunch of grids left over from when I had guinea pigs, attached chicken wire to the top and gave them a cat carrier. I used left over coraplast for a roof above the carrier. They are nice and dry today:)
    I had these ramps from another cage that I put across the top b/c the adults are walking across it. Put one ramp over the babies perch b/c the black one jumped right thru it yesterday and was loose with the adults.

I'm bummed that they were guessed to be roosters b/c I won't be able to keep them. I'm still hoping they aren't and have momma's tail. They are 5 wks old now and not even a hint of red in their combs. None of my pics show the real color.
    [​IMG]

Hashbrown checking them out
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Litte Bisqit looking at her babies
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2008
  2. ChuckenGirl

ChuckenGirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 22, 2007
    Maryland :)
    AWW
    there sooo cute!
    are they sebrights?
    we've had ALOT of rain here also
    so dont feel alone in that department

3. Bisqit&Gravy

Bisqit&Gravy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks:) They are bantam mixes. Momma is a black japanese and I was told daddy is a quail antwerp belgian. I'm rethinking that b/c all the pics I've seen doesn't have those really long tail feathers that has. He's got 3-4 really long ones. They're black with a very pretty blue/green look. He's a handsome boy even though the people I got him from cut his comb off???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by