My chicks Hatched Pictures from setting to brooder.

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Spitman, May 14, 2011.

1. Spitman

Spitman Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    I set my eggs on good friday.
    [​IMG]. then the hard part the wait:/ , Not being able to wait any longer the five day Candle .
    .[​IMG]. You cant just make out the dark spot in the pic. but I can see veining in all 6 eggs that i candled
    .[​IMG]. Day 20 , I think 15 eggs hatched by the time I went to sleep . Day 21 the rest of my eggs hatched . 27 out of 28 . I thought I had a perfect hatch but , then found one egg that didnt hatch. Today my 9 yr. daughter and I moved them all from bator to brooder , she counted and dipped there beaks as she put them In what a good little Chick helper [​IMG].
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]. This was the last chick and she got stuck in her shell I think she started from the wrong end of egg and after seeing her wing and part of her back , pushed out of egg, I wanted to help her so bad but i just let her be. I decided that when I moved all the chicks the next day I would try to help her get free of the shell . She was still stuck this morning with no improvement so I removed the shell as she was still alive. She seems to be doing well.

Have a blessed Day And Happy Hatching [​IMG]

2. sunny & the 5 egg layers

sunny & the 5 egg layers Overrun With Chickens

Mar 29, 2011
    Those are some nice pics! Thanks for sharing! And congrats on your new chicks!

3. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    wow verry cool did u do the dry incubation???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by