1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

My chicks Leg,....Help PLEASE

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by ladyomaha, Dec 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    My chick was hatched about 3 hours ago, and his foot is deformed, It Curves inward, and he just Scoots around the bator, and ideas on what to do with him, or would it be better to just Cull him now, if he will have troubles later in life? PLEASE HELP ME
    [​IMG]

2. GreenMeadows

GreenMeadows Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2011
    Sometimes this happes and we never know why. I would let him stay for the next few days to see if he inproves. If not I would cull. Good luck!
    Quote:

3. nurse_turtle

nurse_turtle Chillin' With My Peeps

May 28, 2011
    Foothills of NC
    It's a bit of a club foot and it happens. Often times it corrects itself without intervention. In the search bar look up chick boot or shoe. A simple bandaid can help if wrapped around the foot with his little foot on the white gauze part and fold the sticky part over the toes after you flatten them out into a correct anatomical position. Just watch him for a couple days. I'm thinking it will correct itself. And Congratulations![​IMG]

4. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    Posting threads on the same subject in multiple areas of the forum is considered against the rules. You might want to remove a few of them.

Good luck.

5. AAJ

AAJ Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2011
    I would leave it alone for a few days accept for helping it eat.

6. ladyomaha

ladyomaha Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    Kansas
    Quote:OOPS Sorry, I dont know how to delete one, and didnt get help on one forum, so thought to post in the injury forum instead, But anyhow, I dont know how to delete a thread.

7. Happy Chooks

Happy Chooks Moderator Staff Member

Jul 9, 2009
    Northern CA
    My Coop
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by