My chicks Leg,....Help PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.

ladyomaha

Chirping
8 Years
Nov 26, 2011
Kansas
My chick was hatched about 3 hours ago, and his foot is deformed, It Curves inward, and he just Scoots around the bator, and ideas on what to do with him, or would it be better to just Cull him now, if he will have troubles later in life? PLEASE HELP ME
ChickNew001.jpg

Sometimes this happes and we never know why. I would let him stay for the next few days to see if he inproves. If not I would cull. Good luck!
Quote:

It's a bit of a club foot and it happens. Often times it corrects itself without intervention. In the search bar look up chick boot or shoe. A simple bandaid can help if wrapped around the foot with his little foot on the white gauze part and fold the sticky part over the toes after you flatten them out into a correct anatomical position. Just watch him for a couple days. I'm thinking it will correct itself. And Congratulations!
big_smile.png

Posting threads on the same subject in multiple areas of the forum is considered against the rules. You might want to remove a few of them.

Good luck.

I would leave it alone for a few days accept for helping it eat.

Quote:
OOPS Sorry, I dont know how to delete one, and didnt get help on one forum, so thought to post in the injury forum instead, But anyhow, I dont know how to delete a thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom