1. Come check out hundreds of awesome coop pages (and a few that need suggestions) in our 2018 Coop Rating Project!

My chicks LOVE worms!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by pbuckler, Oct 1, 2009.

1. pbuckler

pbuckler In the Brooder

Jan 12, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    It rained today and on my way from the mailbox I noticed a small worm on the driveway. I brought it to my 2 day old chicks and dropped it in the brooder. At first they all just stood around it checking it out. I stopped watching the after a couple of minutes and sure enough, after I walk away they figured out what it was. I came back to the brooder after hearing a lot of chirping and saw them chasing each other around with pieces of the worm hanging out of they beaks. It was really funny. It was like a game of keep away. One chick would have the worm for a few seconds while it scrambled around the brooder with the other 5 close behind. I wish I had a video of it, maybe next time.

2. LindseyM12

LindseyM12 Songster

May 4, 2009
    North Carolina
    Thats to cute!! one time I gave my chicks a grass hopper... it was SO funny!! [​IMG] Silly chicks... [​IMG]

3. pbuckler

pbuckler In the Brooder

Jan 12, 2009
    Springfield, MO
    I just dug up 10 worms from the garden and hand fed one to each chick. They were in heaven. The chicks seem to be a bit more active than the past couple of days. Maybe it is due to the worms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by